Friday, July 20, 2007

Our last day here

Sa wat dee ka!

I feel prompted to note that I've been making several spelling mistakes on Thai names... so please excuse that! I also forgot to include our new friend, Bank. We'll tell you more about him when we're there in person, but this guy is awesome! He's 18 years old, a Christian, and a member of the Life Center church. For the past several months, he's been teaching the boys at the orphanage how to break dance..... for free! He's never asked for anything. He has spent a few hours every week with the boys, and even us newcomers could easily tell how much he means to those boys. He's like a best friend and big brother to them. He also taught himself how to break dance from watching it on tv! A cool guy.

We've just checked out of our hotel in Phuket and have a few hours to kill until we start the long trip home. We rented a van for the day to go see a few things around here and do some shopping before we have to be at the airport.

I'm guessing this will be the last blog written from here in Thailand. How bittersweet. We have met so many wonderful people and seen such beautiful things here. But personally, I miss home so much. It's made me realize so much more many of the things I take for granted there. I know this trip is significant for us all, and we will come back with so many new things: souvenirs, pictures, memories, new friends and many lessons learned.

Jacqueline

No comments: